Statement of Purpose
To work within a ‘Youth Drop-In’ centre-based context with young people aged 11 to 19 years, to provide information, group-work activities and one to one support.
- To assess each young person to identify needs in terms of potential risk taking behaviours, mental health, their potential to engage with education, employment and training and their personal, social and educational development.
- Keep up to date with research and training information around drugs and substance misuse, mental health, sexual health and other appropriate teenage related issues.
- To provide and explain to individuals and groups of young people appropriate information in relation to this and developing initiatives to address these issues referring to specialists
- Network effectively with a wide range of specialist organisations both statutory and voluntary within the community.
- Involve young people in the development and evaluation of the service.
- Keep in regular contact with key agencies i.e. other Youth Service Providers, Police, Children’s Services, Youth Offending Service, schools, community voluntary groups and
other referral bodies and organisations.
- Attend regular supervision sessions with your line manager and through negotiation agree and set priorities, targets, timescales, and work plans and maintain record keeping.
- Attend and complete training as agreed with your line manager.
- Ensure that the profile of the Youth Genesis Trust is raised and maintained in the local community, and that young people are appropriately consulted.
- To undertake any other such duties of a similar level of responsibility from time to time as requested.